Quickly master big data with search and analytics from ElasticSearch
About This Video
- Learn to install and setup ElasticStack, in addition to how to perform basic queries and interactions with an Elasticsearch cluster
- Develop an understanding of Elasticsearch dichotomy, Elasticsearch APIs, and how to interact with a cluster via API
- Learn aggregations, analytics, and use Machine Learning in Elasticsearch. Also see examples of how to build an Elasticsearch application
This course is a hands-on guide to using Elasticsearch used in conjunction with Elastic Stack, to ship, parse, store, and analyze data. You’ll start this course by getting an understanding of what Elasticsearch is, what it’s used for, and why it’s important. Then you’ll be introduced to the new features in Elasticsearch 6.
We’ll cover each of the fundamental components such as indices, documents, nodes and clusters, all which form the dichotomy of Elasticsearch. You’ll find out how to add more power to your searches using filters, ranges, and more. You’ll also see how Elasticsearch can be used with the other components of the Elastic Stack such as LogStash, Kibana, and Beats, to get data into an Elasticsearch cluster.
As well as learning how to add more power to your searches with filters, ranges, and more, you'll also see how to run advanced queries and aggregations on Elasticsearch 6. We’ll also implement Machine Learning in a step-by-step walk-through example of anomaly detection. We conclude by developing a quick working Elasticsearch application.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a firm understanding of all the fundamentals of Elasticsearch 6, along with sufficient knowledge to use it in the real world.
The code bundle for this course is available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-ElasticSearch-6
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Elasticsearch
- Chapter 2 : Dichotomy of Elasticsearch
- Chapter 3 : The Power of Queries
- Chapter 4 : Elastic Stack
- Chapter 5 : Secure Log Analysis
- Chapter 6 : Getting Busy with Queries
- Chapter 7 : Machine Learning and ES6
- Title: Learning Elasticsearch 6
- Release date: April 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788997300