Delve into Go's powerful data structures and algorithms with some easy tricks
About This Video
- Understand common data structures and algorithms, as well as the framework in which they are used
- Use data structures—such as arrays, stacks, trees, lists, and graphs—with real-world examples
- Following a practical approach, learn real and effective implementations of functional and reactive data structures
Golang has been trending in the tech-world for the last 2 years with tremendous improvements to the language. Many developers and organizations are slowly migrating to Golang, adopting its fast, lightweight and inbuilt concurrency features. This brings the need to learn data structures and algorithms with this growing language. This video course will be your companion as it takes you through data structures and algorithms in Go, helping you get up-and-running as a confident Go programmer.
You will begin by understanding the basic Data types and Structures in Go. Moving forward, you will learn the power of linked lists and doubly linked lists in Go and then learn to implement linear data structures such as stacks and queues. Also, implement binary searches and trees and will explore sorting algorithms in detail.
From here, you will learn about graph algorithms and also be introduced to some common data structures used while working with strings. You will learn common techniques and structures used in tasks such as preprocessing, modeling, and transforming data.
By the end of this course, you would have mastered functional and reactive implementations of traditional data structures in an easy and efficient manner
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-Go-Data-Structures-and-Algorithms
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Go!
- Chapter 2 : Exploring Core Constructs
Chapter 3 : Applying Algorithms
- Single and Double Linked Lists 00:12:33
- Implementing Stacks 00:08:23
- Implementing Queue (Alternative Channel Implementation) 00:10:15
- Binary Search and Trees 00:14:39
- Chapter 4 : Discovering Concurrency
- Title: Learning Go Data Structures and Algorithms
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788392563