Chapter 10. Running a Hadoop Cluster
In this chapter, we will change our focus a little and look at some of the considerations you will face when running an operational Hadoop cluster. In particular, we will cover the following topics:
- Why a developer should care about operations and why Hadoop operations are different
- More detail on Cloudera Manager and its capabilities and limitations
- Designing a cluster for use on both physical hardware and EMR
- Securing a Hadoop cluster
- Hadoop monitoring
- Troubleshooting problems with an application running on Hadoop
I'm a developer – I don't care about operations!
Before going any further, we need to explain why we are putting a chapter about systems operations in a book squarely aimed at developers. For anyone who ...