Chapter 6. Spice Up Your Charts with Animation, Tooltips, and Highlighting
In the last five chapters, we have looked at how to create line charts, area charts, bar charts, pie charts, and donut charts. Now, we will look at ways to extend the functionality of our charts and how to make them easier to use. In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Adding the cursor plugin and being able to see the data where our cursor is
- Making the tooltip follow our cursor and adding lines to make the cursor easier to follow
- Connecting the cursor with the legend and showing data points when our cursor intersects a data point
- Adding the highlighter plugin so that we only see data when we highlight a data point
- Extending the highlighter plugin to select a ...