Chapter 8. Bubble Charts, Block Plots, and Waterfalls
So far, we've looked at line charts, bar charts, pie charts, and even charts used for the stock market. In this chapter, we will look at three other charts: the bubble chart and the block plot, which are similar to scatter plots, and the waterfall chart, which is a type of bar chart. In this chapter, we will:
- Discuss what a bubble chart is and the new data points we'll need to pass into our data arrays
- Create a bubble chart showing the revenue, units sold, and percentage of total profit
- Discuss how a block plot is similar to and different from a bubble chart
- Plot various product categories containing the revenue and units sold as data points
- Look at how waterfall charts visualize positive and negative ...