The jQuery library harnesses the power of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) selectors to let us quickly and easily access elements or groups of elements in the Document Object Model (DOM).
In this chapter, we will cover:
- The structure of the elements on a web page
- How to use CSS selectors to find elements on the page
- What happens when the specificity of a CSS selector changes
- Custom jQuery extensions to the standard set of CSS selectors
- The DOM traversal methods, which provide greater flexibility for accessing elements on the page