The abilities we've discussed in this chapter allow us to:
- Use the
- React to a user's click on a page element with mouse event handlers and the
- Observe event context to perform different actions depending on the element clicked, even when the handler is bound to several elements
- Alternately expand and collapse a page element by using
- Highlight elements under the mouse cursor by using
- Influence event propagation and default actions to determine which elements get to respond to an event by using
- Implement event delegation to reduce the number of bound event handlers ...