Learn the secrets of ethical hacking, penetration testing, and network discovery using Kali Linux
About This Video
- Learn the secrets of ethical hacking, penetration testing, and white hat techniques using Kali Linux.
- Perform network penetration testing and exploit vulnerable systems.
- Be confident in using Kali Linux to become a top-notch penetration tester and ethical hacker.
Kali Linux offers a large number of penetration testing tools from various different niches in the security and forensics fields. Kali Linux offers a multitude of options to scan a single IP, port, or host (or a range of IPs, ports, and hosts) to uncover vulnerabilities and security holes. The output and information can serve as a precursor to penetration testing efforts.
The course starts with vulnerability assessment and penetration testing. Then, you will learn about the process of ethical hacking from the initial identification and investigation to the final exploitations and report. Next, we will build a test lab in a virtual environment using Oracle VirtualBox, Kali Linux, and a vulnerable OS. You will get started with reconnaissance to gather information about a target. Next, you will focus on NMAP, which is one of the biggest and most popular networks and host scanning tools. You will also learn to avoid being detected by firewalls and IPs when using NMAP. Vulnerability assessment and analysis are the most important steps before trying to hack and penetrate a system so we will learn to initiate an exploit and penetrate a system. Finally, you'll exploit a system and, once exploitation is confirmed, you'll prepare and present a report to the customer.
By the end of the course, you will be an excellent hacker and will have mastered all the hows and whys of ethical hacking.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-Kali-Linux
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : What Is Ethical Hacking?
- The Course Overview 00:03:29
- Penetration Testing 00:02:59
- White Box Versus Black Box Versus Gray Box 00:04:05
- Vulnerability Assessment Versus Penetration Testing 00:05:06
- Ethical Hacker Responsibilities and Customer Expectations 00:04:14
- Laws and Legal Obligations 00:04:35
- Chapter 2 : Ethical Hacking Process
- Chapter 3 : Creating the Test Lab with Kali Linux
- Chapter 4 : Reconnaissance
- Chapter 5 : Scanning – Part 1
- Chapter 6 : Scanning – Part 2
- Chapter 7 : Vulnerability Scanning and Exploitation
- Chapter 8 : Exploitation and Backdoors
- Title: Learning Kali Linux
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789134469
You might also like
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501)
More than 19 hours of deep-dive training covering every objective in the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) exam. …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
Security Penetration Testing The Art of Hacking Series LiveLessons
10 Hours of Expert Video Instruction Overview This course is a complete guide to help you …