Create powerful data-driven web applications using Knockout.JS, with the help of real-world examples
About This Video
Use the Model-View-ViewModel software design pattern to build amazing web applications and powerful user interfaces
Configure your application to track the changes in the UI and update data automatically
Enhance the functionality of your app and make it more interactive by extending the components of your code
Learning Knockout.JS will walk you through all of the key features of Knockout.JS and make it easy for you to quickly and easily build feature-and data-rich web applications that are easy to extend and maintain.
Along with that, you will also learn how we can use the different data binding attributes to manipulate the output. We will also discuss and implement various important concepts such as two way data binding and dependency tracking to update your UI in real-time and to separate the components of your application into logical parts.
We will analyze Knockout’s template feature to help you deal with data context in most scenarios. Then, we will take a look at how to track the changes in dependencies and subscribe to them using computed observables and subscriptions. Furthermore, you will also learn how to customize bindings and functions as well as using extenders to create our own set of Knockout tools. Finally, we will take a look at some advanced features of Knockout.JS to take your knowledge to the next level!
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introducing Knockout.JS
- Chapter 2 : Displaying Data Using Knockout.JS
- Chapter 3 : Two-way Data Binding in Knockout.JS
- Chpater 4 : Understanding Context in Knockout.JS
- Chapter 5 : Using Computed Observables and Subscriptions
- Chapter 6 : Custom Bindings, Custom Functions, and Extenders
Chapter 7 : Previewing Advanced Knockout.JS
- Using Components and Custom Elements 00:02:55
- Using AMD Module Loaders 00:04:09
- Examining Durandal to Build Single Page Applications SPA 00:03:38
- Title: Learning Knockout.JS
- Release date: August 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781785288296