Chapter 8. Building a RESTful API with Laravel – Store Locator
In this chapter we will learn how to create REST APIs in Laravel 4. We will create a simple store locator API that will have a RESTful backend for sending API results. We will also build a frontend that will show you how to utilize APIs created via Laravel 4.
In this chapter we will cover the following topics:
- REST and its basics
- A store locator's single page web application
- Creating a REST API in Laravel 4 using Resource Controllers
- Creating a RESTful backend
- Creating an API to view all the stores
- Building an API method for viewing an individual store
- Creating an API method for searching the stores
- Building an add store method of our API
- Creating an update store method of our API
- Creating an ...