An easy to digest practical guide to Metasploit covering all aspects of the framework from installation, configuration, and vulnerability hunting to advanced client-side attacks and anti-forensics
About This Video
- Carry out penetration testing in highly-secured environments with Metasploit
- Learn to bypass different defences to gain access to different systems.
- A step-by-step guide that will quickly enhance your penetration testing skills.
This course will begin by introducing you to Metasploit and its functionality. Next, you will learn how to set up and configure Metasploit on various platforms to create a virtual test environment. You will also get your hands on various tools and components used by Metasploit. Further, in the video, you will learn how to find weaknesses in the target system and hunt for vulnerabilities using Metasploit and its supporting tools. Next, you'll get hands-on experience carrying out client-side attacks. Moving on, you'll learn about web application security scanning and bypassing anti-virus and clearing traces on the target system post-compromise. This video will also keep you updated with the latest security techniques and methods that can be directly applied to scan, test, hack, and secure networks and systems with Metasploit. By the end of this course, you'll get the hang of bypassing different defences, after which you'll learn how hackers use the network to gain access to different systems.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Metasploit and Supporting Tools
Chapter 2 : Setting Up Your Environment
- Using the Kali Linux Virtual Machine 00:02:47
- Installation 00:03:41
- Setting Up Exploitable Targets in a Virtual Environment 00:02:43
- Chapter 3 : Metasploit Components and Environment Configuration
- Chapter 4 : Information Gathering with Metasploit
- Chapter 5 : Vulnerability Hunting with Metasploit
- Chapter 6 : Client-Side Attacks with Metasploit
- Chapter 7 : Web Application Scanning with Metasploit
- Chapter 8 : Antivirus Evasion and Anti-Forensics
- Chapter 9 : Cyber Attack Management with Armitage
- Chapter 10 : Extending Metasploit and Exploit Development
- Title: Learning Metasploit
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788628396