A case study of a small business system
A small business, for example, an independent stationary shop that consists of a few employees with a shop (bricks and mortar) and an online shop (website) requires a small system, which can allow customers to order stationary online, track orders, manage stock for both shops, and produce monthly reports.
If we break down the business requirements, we can understand more about the type of system:
- Customer website
- Administration system
- Manually order stock from suppliers
- Manually arrange delivery
- Low order volume (less than 100 units per day)
- No need for legacy system integration requirement
- No interest in owning IT infrastructure
- Very limited budget for IT
Although it is listed last, the budget ...