A comprehensive guide to putting the fundamentals of Azure Services into action
About This Video
- This step-by-step, practical demo is based on various Microsoft Azure fundamentals
- Explore Azure solutions to daily challenges faced in the cloud
- Secure the confidential data and applications by leveraging Azure Active Directory
Azure is a computing and services platform hosted in data centers that is managed or supported by Microsoft. It includes many features with corresponding services that can be used individually or together.
With insights into choosing, planning, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft Azure Services, explained through practical examples, this video course will transform you from a complete beginner to an intermediate level Azure professional ready to take on everyday challenges faced on the cloud.
This comprehensive tutorial will get you well versed with the fundamental services of Azure and how you can leverage these services for your organization. You will start with a brief introduction to cloud computing with Azure and then dive into the fundamental steps such as exploring the Azure portal and managing the Azure platform.
You will learn to implement the Azure Virtual Machine, and work with Resource Manager. After that, you will explore the Azure SQL Server Database, followed by seeing how to deploy, configure, and manage Azure Web Apps that connect you to the cloud. You will learn to use Azure PaaS, Machine Learning, and Database Solutions, as well as monitoring and diagnosing Azure insights before finally diving into disaster recovery.
What you will learn
- Implement Azure Infrastructure components (storage, networking, virtual Machines)
- Understand the basics of automated deployments from Azure Resource Manager Templates
- Explore the various Azure Platform services (web Apps, machine learning, and databases) and learn how to deploy them
- Understand Azure Monitoring solutions
- Discover Azure Disaster Recovery solutions
- Study the Azure SQL Server database
- Get acquainted with the use of Azure PaaS, machine learning, and database solutions
- Analyse Azure insights and get well versed with disaster recovery
Who should take this course
This video course is for system administrators, developers, and managers who have no prior knowledge of Azure services and would like to dive into it and put it to practical use in their everyday jobs. If you fall into any of these categories, this is the right course for you.
About the author
Peter De Tender has 20 years of professional expertise in Microsoft Infrastructure consulting and architecting, with a main focus on Microsoft Cloud technologies (Azure, Enterprise Mobility Suite, Office 365...). After working for some of the top Microsoft partners in Belgium, he ran his own successful business for several years, mainly providing Infrastructure and Cloud Architect training and readiness in a passionate and enthusiastic way. Peter coached several Microsoft Partners all over the world in doing more Microsoft business, both from a technical and business angle.
Just recently, as of June 2016 to be exact, Peter joined Microsoft Corp as an FTE Azure Architect and Program Manager in the global AzureCAT GSI team, part of Azure engineering, where his role consists of providing Azure-focused readiness training and cloud practice building coaching to the TOP Microsoft Global System Integrators. This role allows Peter to combine his two passions, working on the latest and greatest up-to-date technologies, and cooperating with people from all over the globe.
His valued credentials are Microsoft Certified Trainer, Azure Certified Architect, and— before he joined Microsoft—Peter was also recognized as a Microsoft MVP for several years in a row.
In his free time, Peter loves speaking at (inter)national conferences and community events, is a technical writer and courseware creator.
About Packt Video
Packt Video publishes friendly, practical video tutorials, packed with practical skills, concepts and guidance to help you succeed with new technologies and tasks. Packt Video’s series include Learn, Hands-On, Mastering, In 7 Days, Troubleshooting, and more. Our courses cover web and software development, security and ethical hacking, data science, and other key tech topics. We exist to make cutting-edge topics accessible for all.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Basics of Cloud Computing and Azure Overview
- Chapter 2 : Introducing Azure Subscriptions
- Chapter 3 : Introduction to Microsoft Azure Management Portals
- Chapter 4 : Implementing an Azure Virtual Machine Architecture
- Chapter 5 : Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates
- Chapter 6 : Implementing Azure Identity
- Chapter 7 : Azure Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Chapter 8 : Azure Disaster Recovery Solutions
Chapter 9 : Creating and Managing SQL Services in Azure
- Deploying SQL VM Solutions 00:05:54
- Creating a SQL Azure DB Solution (PaaS) 00:08:45
- Managing SQL Server and Databases Running in Azure 00:04:24
- SQL Database (Backup and Restore) 00:04:39
- Chapter 10 : Implementing Azure Web Apps
- Chapter 11 : Azure Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Components
- Title: Learning Microsoft Azure
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787122208