Create a new Android project by selecting File > New > Android Application project.
1. Use the following values for the first window presented by the project creation wizard:
Application Name: MyContactList
Project Name: MyContactList
Package Name: com.example.mycontactlist
Minimum Required SDK: API 8
Target SDK: API 17
Compile with: API 17
2. Click Next. Accept the defaults on this screen by clicking Next again.
3. On the Configure Launcher Icon window, use the Browse button to select appicon.png from the location where you placed the resource files (available online). Click Next.
4. On the Create Activity window, verify that Blank Activity is selected, and click Next.
5. Change the name of the activity to ContactActivity ...