A comprehensive guide to using MongoDB for ultra-fast, fault tolerant management of big data, including advanced data analysis
About This Video
Master MapReduce and the MongoDB aggregation framework for sophisticated manipulation of large sets of data
Manage databases and collections, including backup, recovery, and security
Discover how to secure your data using SSL, both from the client and via programming languages
Businesses now have access to more data than ever before, and a key challenge is how to ensure that data can be easily accessed and used efficiently. MongoDB makes it possible to store and process large sets of data in ways that drive up business value. The flexibility of unstructured storage, combined with robust querying and post processing functionality, make MongoDB a compelling solution for enterprise big data needs.
Learning MongoDB will show you how to install, configure, and secure MongoDB to meet the demands of modern enterprise data systems. You will quickly master data management, queries, post processing, and essential enterprise redundancy requirements to achieve high availability and fast response times.
The course begins with installation instructions and moves on to the essential features, covering advanced data manipulation and high availability. Then, topics such as backup and recovery are covered. Advanced data analysis is demonstrated using both MapReduce and the MongoDB aggregation framework with clear diagrams and examples.
As we move to the end of the course, we delve into SSL security and programmatic access using various languages. You'll also learn about MongoDB’s built-in redundancy and scale features, replica sets, and sharding.
This video course will take you on a journey from all the downright basics of MongoDB to the deployment of a reliable, secure, and enterprise-ready big data solution.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Getting Started
- Downloading and Installing Linux 00:10:09
- Downloading and Installing Windows 00:06:55
- Configuring Startup with a System (Service Integration) 00:06:07
- Using the Command-line Tool 00:07:36
- Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) 00:06:25
- Chapter 2 : JSON and Data Operations
- Chapter 3 : Working with Databases
- Chpater 4 : MapReduce
- Chapter 5 : The Aggregation Framework
Chapter 6 : SSL Security and Programmatic Access
- SCons and Memory Requirements Used to Build MongoDB 00:03:18
- Verifying and Distributing the Build 00:05:55
- Authentication and Authorization 00:05:13
- Accessing MongoDB Using PHP 00:03:22
- Accessing MongoDB Using Python 00:04:32
- Chapter 7 : Replica Sets and Scaling
- Chapter 8 : Advanced Topics and Hosting
- Title: Learning MongoDB
- Release date: January 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783983926