The use case that we are exploring uses a hypothetical dataset representing a product hierarchy. This is very common in many manufacturing and construction environments:
- A product is composed of a number of cost groups
- A cost group is composed of a number of cost types
- A cost type is composed of a number of cost subtypes
- A cost subtype is composed of costs
- Costs will be composed of components
The lowest part of the hierarchy structure, the components, will have a specific price. On my blog (http://blog.bruggen.com/2014/03/using-neo4j-to-manage-and-calculate.html), I have shown how you can create a sample dataset like this pretty easily. The model will be similar to the one shown in the following ...