Cognitive biases can unconsciously cause product people to make product mistakes and lead customers to make baffling purchasing decisions. In this Learning Path, you'll gain a deep understanding of how cognitive bias works in the human brain and learn to recognize seven different forms of cognitive bias: hindsight bias, cognitive dissonance, confirmation bias, choice-supportive bias, social desirability bias, projection bias, and anchoring. By understanding these brain processes, you'll know what triggers cognitive biases, how to counteract their effects, how to avoid product mistakes, and learn to build better products.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: What Are Cognitive Biases? 00:01:23
- What Is Hindsight Bias? (with exercise) 00:03:50
- What Is Cognitive Dissonance? 00:02:33
- What Is Confirmation Bias? 00:03:48
- What Is Choice-Supportive Bias? 00:03:41
- What Is Social Desirability Bias? 00:04:36
- What Is Projection Bias? 00:04:28
- What Is Anchoring? 00:05:18
- Resources for Understanding and Combatting Cognitive Bias 00:01:44
- Title: Learning Path: Understanding Cognitive Biases
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491984758