Chapter 5. File Information
File information is the key to understanding the history of a repository, how a code base or set of files has evolved, and what is happening to it now.
File information is exposed in many parts of the P4V interface. In this chapter, we will cover how to make the most efficient use of the Perforce reporting commands to examine the information associated with a file. More importantly, we'll explain how to interpret this information to maximize the value it provides you.
In this chapter we will cover:
- Properties of files
- File versions and their relationship to changelists
- Finding files in the repository
- The many ways of referencing file versions
- Comparing different versions of files and folders
- Examining how file content has evolved ...