Leverage the simplicity and power of PHP 7 to develop feature-rich web applications
About This Video
Learn PHP 7 from scratch, bypassing archaic, useless and deprecated functionalities.
Develop an engaging, feature-rich “social networking” application and deploy it with Docker and Amazon.
Adopt the voluminous performance improvements and build just about any type of web presence you can imagine
PHP is back and is faster and more lightweight than ever. The world of web technology is seamlessly evolving, and PHP 7’s simplicity and prowess addresses the requirements of current and future web and mobile application development.
Learning PHP 7 demonstrates how to script for the web, providing everything from simple PHP commands to advanced data manipulations.
The course takes a deep dive into basic PHP concepts such as variables, constants, operators, arrays, conditionals, and loops, which every developer needs to master. The course also covers object-oriented paradigms and coding standards, which acts as the do’s and don'ts of writing code.
The core of the course lies in bringing all the newly introduced features to fruition. This is done through the creation of a fun social web application where a viewer can post and share pictures including features of likes and comments. The use of several controllers in the application provides the viewer with a learning curve to add more interactivity to their own applications. The course also shows you how to build an administrative panel with an intuitive menu and create a dynamic page to manage the users, photos, and comments in the application.
Important topics such as creating an API for an RSS feed, deploying with Docker and Amazon AWS, and versioning with Git are a real bonus for blooming web developers.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to PHP 7
- Chapter 2 : Object-oriented Programming
- Chapter 3 : Lights, Camera, Action!
- Chapter 4 : Database Interaction
Chapter 5 : User Interaction
- Basic Security Concepts 00:04:27
- Registration Page, Controller, and Validations 00:03:45
- Registration Page, Database, and Password 00:04:01
- Authentication and Authorization – Login 00:04:05
- Authentication and Authorization – Firewall 00:03:46
- Posting a Message 00:03:33
- The Personal Dashboard 00:02:19
- Chapter 6 : Improving the Application with Asynchronous Calls
- Chapter 7 : Managing the Social Network
- Chapter 8 : Testing and Debugging
- Chapter 9 : Application Improvement and Deploy
- Title: Learning PHP 7
- Release date: March 2016
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781785883156
You might also like
PHP Fundamentals 2019
Learn server-side development with PHP About This Video Get to grips with server-side development using PHP …
Object Oriented PHP and MVC
Build a custom object-oriented PHP MVC framework and then build an application with it About This …
The Complete Node.js Developer Course (3rd Edition)
Learn Node.js by building real-world applications with Node, Express, MongoDB, Mocha, and more! About This Video …
React - The Complete Guide (incl. Hooks, React Router and Redux)
Dive in and learn React from scratch! Learn Reactjs, Redux, React Routing, Animations, Next.js basics and …