When we add new nodes to the Puppet environment, it is likely that the node definition file
manifests/site.pp does not contain any records that match the certname of the new node that connects to the Puppet Master.
This results in an error
'Could not find default node or by name with 'web-clone.development.vm,...' during the Puppet run, as shown in the following screenshot:
The preceding error scenario can be easily reproduced. You may recall that, in Chapter 9, The Puppet Enterprise Console, we moved the
manifests/site.pp file outside the modulepath directory to enable node classification against the External ...