Learn to write fast, low-level code without fear in Rust
About This Video
- Discover Rust’s powerful type system, which prevents data races and memory corruption
- Build concurrent applications without fear
- Take advantage of the large ecosystem of libraries available through Cargo
Rust is a new systems programming language from Mozilla, created to facilitate the development of large, complex software projects. Its powerful type system and memory safety rules prevent all memory corruption bugs without compromising developer productivity.
In this course, you’ll begin by getting familiar with the basic syntax and concepts of Rust, from writing a Hello World program to defining functions and creating variables. Then you’ll see how to manage toolchains with Rust up and build your first command-line program.
Moving on, you’ll explore Rust’s type system to write better code and put it into practice in a simple markup language. You’ll learn to use Rust’s functional programming features to perform a physics simulation and use the Rayon crate to parallelize your computations. Finally, you’ll discover the best practices and test your code by building a simple crate with a tested, usable, well-documented API using Cargo and RustDoc.
By the end of the video, you’ll be comfortable building various solutions in Rust. You’ll be able to take advantage of Rust’s powerful type system and a rich ecosystem of libraries, or “crates”, available through the Cargo package manager.
The code bundle for this video course is also available on Github: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-Rust-video
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : The Power of Rust
- Chapter 2 : Rustup and Cargo
- Chapter 3 : Ownership and Borrowing
- Chapter 4 : Basic Types – Enums and Structs
- Chapter 5 : Advanced Types – Traits and Generics
- Chapter 6 : Functional Features and Concurrency
- Chapter 7 : Idiomatic Rust
- Title: Learning Rust
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788477918
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
Hands-On Data Structures and Algorithms in Rust
Learn about common and useful Data Structures and Algorithms About This Video Get familiar with Rust …
Learn Go in 3 Hours
Convert your existing experience to write your own Go projects by getting up to speed on …