To Sinatra or not to Sinatra?
Every framework has its own set of pros and cons. Sinatra is not the perfect framework for everything. Here are some of them.
- You want to be flexible and choose your own gems and libraries. Unlike Rails, Sinatra lets the user choose whatever gems s/he wants to use.
- You want a higher performance. Sinatra is lightweight and does only the stuff that you want it to do.
- You want to make a completely modular application.
- You want to build an API.
- You want to learn Rails.
- You want to implement concurrency.
Why not Sinatra?
- You feel that Rails suits your project
- You have used Rails earlier and are comfortable with it
- You find that the conventions in Rails are good to work with