Discover new insights hidden in your data by building incredible dashboards and great visualizations with Tableau 10.5
About This Video
- Create dashboards with advanced functionalities in Tableau
- Covers the latest version of Tableau with up-to-date techniques and examples that address customer and business needs
- Learn ways and methods practically to increase productivity with Tableau’s rich user interface
Microsoft Excel is a straightforward way of storing data, but creating visualizations is at times fairly tedious for an analyst. With Tableau, you can save time when analyzing Excel data and create great data visualizations that present data in a way that even non-analysts can understand, which in turn helps businesses to make informed decisions.
In this course, you’ll be introduced to Tableau and understand the different versions of the software including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Desktop Professional, Tableau Public, Tableau Online, and Tableau Server. The course contains session material that covers both fundamental and advanced concepts to create worksheets, dashboards, and stories in Tableau.
You’ll get a solid understanding of the user interface and all the powerful functions available in Tableau. Furthermore, you’ll learn about other topics such as table calculations, parameters, filters, user-defined calculations, (variables). Next, you’ll see how to use dashboard actions to create interactivity between dashboard components and how to “drill-down” into more dashboards containing additional detail for specific data elements.
By the end of the course, you’ll be adept with the knowledge to create great visualizations with Tableau for your day-to-day business needs.
This course uses Tableau Desktop 10.5, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Tableau.
This video course is for professionals with no knowledge of Tableau. It’s ideal for those who want to build rich analytics and visualizations using Tableau.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Tableau
- Chapter 2 : Working with Tableau
- Chapter 3 : Deep Dive into Data Connections
- Chapter 4 : Creating Charts and Visualizations
- Chapter 5 : Adding Calculations to Your Workbook
- Chapter 6 : Mapping Data in Tableau
- Chapter 7 : Dashboards and Stories
- Chapter 8 : Visualizations for an Audience
- Title: Learning Tableau 10.x
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788836043
You might also like
Statistics for Data Science and Business Analysis
Statistics you need in the office: Descriptive and inferential statistics, hypothesis testing, and regression analysis About …
Data Analysis with Pandas and Python
Analyze data quickly and easily with Python's powerful panda library! All datasets included --- beginners welcome! …
Tableau Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
Be more productive and efficient by mastering the best practices in Tableau 2019 About This Video …
Tableau 2019.1 for Data Scientists
Leverage the power of Tableau to generate useful insights from messy data and fix, prepare and …