Master Cisco's ACI and become an expert NOW!
About This Video
- This course will help you get from zero to hero and master the policy-driven Data Center approach that ACI offers
- ACI involves a big learning curve and you'll learn to change your traditional network design mentality, which will be crucial to mastering ACI
- We will work with ACI APIC version 3.x. which provides the current SDN feature set you need to perform all data center functions and requirements
Automation, objects, and policies are replacing traditional networks as we know them. North-to-South or East-to-West traffic flows—do you know the difference between the two? Don't worry if you don't: this course will remedy that! Traditional campus networks are static, and won't change much because they can't scale up. Data centers are not meant to be static.
Today's Data Center architecture requirements are: scalability, geo-redundancy, security, multi-tenancy, and speed! Data center traffic flow should be highly available and predictable. As the demand for talented ACI engineers and architects is rapidly increasing, knowing the foundational aspects of SDN-based architectures and being able to implement and support them are crucial for your career development.
This fast-paced course uses a whiteboard-based approach with hand written explanations. We start with an introduction to fabric data center designs, Spine and Leaf architectures, and ACI. We then start to implement them and deploy a fabric from the ground up. Then we build a multi-tenant environment.
After completing this video training course, you will have gained a solid understanding of how to administer an Application Centric Infrastructure.
This course will appeal to senior network engineers, cloud networking engineers, data center network engineers, network and/or security solutions architects, data center solutions architects, and network automation engineers.
While this training curriculum has been developed using a detailed approach the following knowledge skills are not required (but are strongly recommended):
- CCNP or equivalent routing and switching experience
- Experience working and implementing firewall ACLs, Layer 4 through Layer 7 inspection, and policies
- NX-OS datacenter switching and routing experience (BGP, vPC domains)
- General knowledge of VMware VSphere ESXi 50+ and vCenter
A familiarity with data center and campus-networks designs is assumed.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Chapter 2 : Let's Bring the ACI Fabric to Life
- Chapter 3 : Enabling Connectivity in ACI
- Chapter 4 : Multi-Tenancy: ACI's Ultimate Weapon
- Chapter 5 : Secured Internal Connectivity In ACI
- Chapter 6 : Secured External Connectivity with L3OUTs
- Chapter 7 : Layer 2 Through Layer 7 Service Insertion
- Chapter 8 : Automation and Orchestration with ACI
- Chapter 9 : ACI Management and Troubleshooting
- Title: Learning the Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800205475
You might also like
Large-Scale Network Design: Best practices for designing elegant, scalable, and programmable networks with OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, and BGP routing protocols
9+ Hours of Video Instruction Large Scale Network Design LiveLessons takes you through the concepts behind …
Cisco ACI Cookbook
Over 90 recipes to maximize automated solutions and policy-drive application profiles using Cisco ACI About This …
Network Automation Cookbook
Take your network automation skills to the next level with practical recipes on managing network devices …
Mastering Palo Alto Networks
Dominate and take control of all the features that Palo Alto firewalls can offer to protect …