Chapter 8 rounds up the features of VirtualDub related to video-specific processing. We discussed:
- Why the different video formats/standards like PAL and NTSC exist and their relative properties
- How to identify the video format of a particular video
- How to distinguish between the playback rate of a video and the actual frame rate and how to alter either of these
- How interlacing works and how to visually identify it, as well as methods of removing the artifacts it introduces when played back on progressive displays
- The importance of calculations in video and how to minimize the degradation of video evident when processing and compressing video
- How to fix broken video files
- How to override the (de)compression color space to circumvent bugs in ...