With the growing interest in Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC), vRealize Automation offers data center users an organized service catalog and governance for administrators. This way, end users gain autonomy while the IT department stays in control, making sure security and compliance requirements are met. In this video, you'll learn what each component does and how they dovetail with each other to bolster your understanding of vRealize Automation.
This video starts off with a basic overview of the vRealize Automation architecture including the connection with endpoints such as vSphere or other hypervisors. You will also get a walk through the basic installation of the appliance and the windows components to ensure you have a simple environment.
Moving on,the basic setup of tenants within vRealize Automation including the basic creation of endpoints, resource discovery, fabric/business groups and reservations. You will then discover how to create basic blueprints within vRealize Automation and get to know some very basic customization approaches to add blueprints to a catalog. You'll also create a basic self-service portal. Finally, you will get a quick overview of basic vRealize Automation extensibility with Custom Properties and vRealize Orchestrator, which will enable you to deal with some basic extensibility operations.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic building blocks of vRealize Automation before embarking on the journey of installation
- Get a quick overview of the identity management components of vRealize Automation with the configuration with Microsoft Active Directory
- Carry out a functional validation of the first phase of installation before completing the installation
- Create, configure, and deploy tenants, endpoints, blueprints, and the service catalogLearn to configure the NSX loadbalancer for vRealize Orchestrator for high availability
This video is for anyone who wants to start their journey with vRealize Automation. Regardless of whether or not you have used vRealize Automation before, the steps provided in each chapter will get you started with the product.
About The Author
Matthias Eisner: Matthias Eisner has dealt with company networks for 10+ years, andNSX is a perfect fit for the toolbox, helping customers on their journey to building a fully-automated on-premisecloud solution. More than two years ago, hewas elected into the initial VCI team teaching NSXat the outset, together with hiscounterpart Yves Sandfort.
Furthermore, he was one of three initial Instructors who taughtNSX Design. Thisallowedhimto support big customers in creating designs for NSX and supporting them during their migration into the Software-defined Networking world to build a solid basic infrastructure supporting the journey into the SDDC.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Automation Architecture, Installation and Identity Management
- The Course Overview
- vRealize Automation overview
- vRealize Automation Components
- vRealize Automation Endpoints
- vRealize Automation Appliance Services
- vRealize Automation IaaS Server Services
- vRealize Automation DEM Services
- Integration with Other VMware Products
- Identity Management Overview
- Different Authentication Methods and Setups
- Role Definitions in vRealize Automation
- Chapter 2 : Automation Tenant Management
- Chapter 3 : Basic IaaS Blueprints and How They Are Shared with Users
- Chapter 4 : Creating Basic Approval Policies for Blueprints and Application Authoring
- Chapter 5 : Extensibility Tools and integrating vRealize Orchestrator with vRealize Automation
- Chapter 6 : Event Broker Services and Day 2 Operations
- Title: Learning vRealize Automation 7.2
- Release date: February 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787281882
You might also like
Learning VMware vRealize Automation
Learn the fundamentals of vRealize Automation to accelerate the delivery of your IT services About This …
Practical Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning, Bots, and Agent Solutions Using C#
Discover how all levels Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be present in the most unimaginable scenarios of …
Intelligent Automation with VMware
Use self-driven data centers to reduce management complexity by deploying Infrastructure as Code to gain value …
DevOps Automation with Terraform and VMware
Despite the size or scale of your production environment, your organization can gain significant value by …