Learn the fundamentals of vRealize Automation to accelerate the delivery of your IT services
About This Video
Get familiar with a basic system architecture including the deployment of a simple or more complex deployment , and considerations for future growth of the environment.
Manage your vRealize automation components using the simple and intuitive guide
Use vRealize Automation to manage applications and improve its operational efficiency
With the growing interest in Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC), vRealize Automation offers data center users an organized service catalog and governance for administrators. This way, end users gain autonomy while the IT department stays in control, making sure security and compliance requirements are met. In this video, you'll learn what each component does and how they dovetail with each other to bolster your understanding of vRealize Automation.
This video starts off with a basic overview of the vRealize Automation architecture including the connection with endpoints such as vSphere or other hypervisors. You will also get a walk through the basic installation of the appliance and the windows components to ensure you have a simple environment.
Moving on,the basic setup of tenants within vRealize Automation including the basic creation of endpoints, resource discovery, fabric/business groups and reservations. You will then discover how to create basic blueprints within vRealize Automation and get to know some very basic customization approaches to add blueprints to a catalog. You'll also create a basic self-service portal. Finally, you will get a quick overview of basic vRealize Automation extensibility with Custom Properties and vRealize Orchestrator, which will enable you to deal with some basic extensibility operations.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Automation Architecture, Installation and Identity Management
- The Course Overview 00:02:38
- vRealize Automation overview 00:14:42
- vRealize Automation Components 00:07:14
- vRealize Automation Endpoints 00:02:58
- vRealize Automation Appliance Services 00:00:04
- vRealize Automation IaaS Server Services 00:06:06
- vRealizeAutomation DEM Services 00:03:53
- Integration with Other VMware Products 00:08:36
- Identity Management Overview 00:05:18
- Different Authentication Methods and Setups 00:09:09
- Role Definitions in vRealize Automation 00:08:18
- Chapter 2 : Tenant Management
- Chapter 3 : Basic IaaS Blueprints and How They Are Shared with Users
- Chapter 4 : Creating Basic Approval Policies for Blueprints and Application Authoring
- Chapter 5 : Extensibility Tools and integrating vRealize Orchestrator with vRealize Automation
- Chapter 6 : Event Broker Services and Day 2 Operations
- Title: Learning vRealize Automation 7.2
- Release date: February 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787281882