Chapter 1. Single Server Installation
This chapter serves as a quick installation guide for single servers.
The topics covered in this chapter are:
- The prerequisites for Zimbra
- Preparing the environment
- Downloading Zimbra (we will take an Ubuntu version as an example)
- Installing and configuring Zimbra
- Running Zimbra for the first time
By the end of this chapter, the user should have a running Zimbra server on his Linux system.
The prerequisites for Zimbra
Let's dive into the prerequisites for Zimbra:
- Zimbra supports only 64-bit LTS versions of Ubuntu, release 10.04 and above. If you would like to use a 32-bit version, you should use Ubuntu 8.04.x LTS with Zimbra 7.2.3.
- Having a clean and freshly installed system is preferred for Zimbra; it requires a dedicated ...