Chapter 6. Making your site social
This chapter covers
- Integrating your Liferay-based site with social networks
- Liferay’s social networking plugin
- Using Liferay’s Social API to connect users
- Checking for social relationships
- Publishing activities from your applications
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past several years, you’ve probably heard the term social networking. Web sites like Facebook and MySpace have made the term almost ubiquitous, and now we have a craze on our hands similar to the general internet craze of the ’90s. It used to be that you met and interacted with different people on different web sites, primarily using discussion forums to talk about topics of common interest. Nowadays, social networking brings ...