Building the Palm Tree Publications site
Let's create a site for our example with the name Palm Tree, which will help us understand the portal concept clearly.
Follow these steps to create a new site:
- Click on the Admin link; a drop-down menu will appear (see Figure 2.3).
- Click on Control Panel and select Sites.
- Now, click on Add and select Blank Site.
- Fill in the site name and site description keeping all other settings default. We will be discussing this in detail in the coming chapters.
- Finally, click on the Save button. The Palm Tree site is created successfully and it will redirect to the site admin page.
The preceding ...