Setting up an organization
Let's quickly go through the typical steps to set up a sample organization named Palm-Tree Publications. For more detailed explanation, please refer to Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 in Dr. Jonas Yuan's book Liferay Portal 6 Enterprise Intranets (PACKT Publishing, May 2010).
Creating an empty Palm-Tree Publications organization
- Log in as a Super Administrator such as firstname.lastname@example.org/test or your own login credential.
- Go to Control Panel | Portal | Organizations | Add.
- Enter Palm-Tree Publications in the Name field.
- Keep the default Regular Organization in the Type field.
- Save to create the new organization.
- Go through the Identification options on the right panel to add addresses, phone numbers, additional e-mail addresses, websites, ...