Master the command line as the first step towards Linux System Administration, VoIP, and many more areas.
About This Video
- Understand the usage of the Linux command line
- Understand why experts prefer the command line to Graphical User Interfaces
- Understand how simple commands can be chained together to solve real issues
- Perform complex tasks (such as downloading a YouTube playlist) through the command line
- Work with the extremely powerful vi editor and understand why people are so crazy about it (and how it can be useful to you)
In this course, we start from scratch. So we will immediately start with the command line! We will explain everything through commands and won't bore you with dull slides. In fact, there isn't a single slide in this course!
If you have never worked with Linux before (or installed it), this course will show you how to set it up in a Virtual Machine with minimal effort. If you already have Linux or Mac, you can use that too. Then, we will start from zero and get you up to the level of expert without dumping too many commands on you. We aim to give you a feel for the command line so that you are in the position to understand its underlying philosophy and use it to your advantage.
This course is for you if you are new to the Linux Command Line but want to learn it without headaches. If you are comfortable with the command line, you can learn a lot of different skills very quickly and with minimal hassle. After taking this course, you will be all set to work with highly useful concepts such as Linux System Administration, setting up architectures for Machine Learning and Deep Learning, working with systems that enable VoIP, and many many more.
All the code files are placed at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Linux-Command-Line-From-Zero-to-Expert
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Setting Up
- Chapter 2 : Getting Started
- Chapter 3 : Inter-Process Communication
- Chapter 4 : Disc Usage and Working with Multiple Files
- Chapter 5 : Working with Processes
- Chapter 6 : Basics of Networking
- Chapter 7 : The Might VI Editor
- Chapter 8 : Ownership and Permissions
- Chapter 9 : Finishing Touches
- Chapter 10 : Update 1: Remote Connections
- Title: Linux Command Line - From Zero to Expert
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838551032