In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Creating a custom BSP layer
- Introducing system development workflows
- Adding a custom kernel and bootloader
- Explaining Yocto's Linux kernel support
- Describing Linux's build system
- Configuring the Linux kernel
- Building the Linux source
- Building external kernel modules
- Debugging the Linux kernel and modules
- Debugging the Linux kernel booting process
- Using the kernel tracing system
- Managing the device tree
- Debugging device tree issues
Once we have our build environment ready with the Yocto project, it's time to think about beginning development work on our embedded Linux project.
Most of the embedded Linux projects require both custom hardware and software. An early task in ...