Thanks to everyone who has put in a direct effort toward making this book a success:
• Denise, my co-author, for her extremely valuable insight and for dealing with the chaos around my creative process.
• Mary Beth, for putting her trust in me for yet another book.
• Eleanor and Mandie, for keeping me on track (with very gentle reminders) and all of the hard work and dedication.
• Casey and Andrew, for excellent feedback and for proving four brains are better than two.
• Bart Reed, for painsteakingly painstakingly reviewing every word, sentence, graphic, table, and punctuation character.
• And all the other folks at Pearson who have had an impact on this book.
I have always felt that I was fortunate because ...