Learn the most important LVM concepts and Linux LVM commands with this succinct course on Logical Volume Manager
About This Video
- Manage LVMs in any Linux distribution.
In this course on Linux Logical Volume Manager you'll learn:
- Exactly what LVM is and when to use it.
- How LVM creates layers of abstraction between storage devices and file systems and how to use that to your maximum benefit.
- The details of how to create and manage physical volumes, volume groups, and logical volumes.
- How easy it is to extend file systems while keeping existing data online and completely accessible during the entire process.
- How to create mirrored logical volumes to protect your data against single points of failure.
- How to migrate data from one storage device to another, without any downtime whatsoever.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to quickly get up-to-speed on the Linux Logical Volume Manager.
Also, this course applies to any Linux distribution as the Linux LVM commands are the same on all Linux distros - specifically:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux / RHEL
- And all others.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : Managing LVM
- Creating Physical Volumes (PVs), Volume Groups (VGs), and Logical Volumes (LVs) 00:17:11
- Extending Volume Groups and Logical Volumes 00:05:36
- Mirroring Logical Volumes 00:05:24
- Removing Logical Volumes, Physical Volumes, and Volume Groups 00:02:11
- Migrating Data from One Storage Device to Another 00:02:55
Chapter 3 : Summary
- Logical Volume Manager – Summary 00:01:20
- Title: Linux Logical Volume Manager
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789954289