Chapter 7. The Old-boy Network
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Basic networking primer
- Let's ping!
- Listing all the machines alive on a network
- Transferring files through network
- Setting up an Ethernet and wireless LAN with script
- Password-less auto-login with SSH
- Running commands on remote host with SSH
- Mounting remote drive at local mount point
- Multi-casting window messages on a network
- Network traffic and port analysis
Networking is the act of interconnecting machines through a network and configuring the nodes in the network with different specifications. We use TCP/IP as our networking stack and all operations are based on it. Networks are an important part of every computer system. Each node connected in the network is assigned a unique ...