Stuck in a rut? Know what you want but don’t know how to get it? Feel like life is passing you by? Sick of getting mediocre results? Then enter the wonderful world of Liquid Thinking…
A practical, jargon-free and easily accessible self-help book drawing on a diverse range of experiences and containing digestible lessons and exercises used by sports captains, charity leaders and business leaders. It is the only self-help book which has ever been endorsed by Sir Richard Branson, Angelo Dundee, Muhammad Ali, and Jonny Wilkinson.
It is a brave man who starts his book on self development by quoting Jerry Springer and discussing the literary merits of the Joy of Sex; however, this is Damian Hughes to a tee. Combining his own experiences as a Manchester United football coach, HR Director and youth club leader with exclusive insights from Sir Richard Branson, Angelo Dundee, Muhammad Ali and Jonny Wilkinson, Hughes will help you to step forward to achieve your own special hopes, dreams and ambition.
The books have been credited with helping people build their own houses, fight cancer and run marathons, so come on and be a fellow Liquid Thinker!
Table of Contents
- About the author
- Why read this book?
- 1. SINK OR SWIM
2. ARE YOU A DRIFTER?
- 2.1. Don't confuse your job and your purpose – they're not the same
- 2.2. Don't mistake your relationships for your purpose
- 2.3. Your goals need to fit your purpose
- 2.4. Your purpose doesn't have to be overly impressive
- 2.5. Your purpose doesn't have to make you a martyr
- 2.6. Your purpose doesn't need to be complex
- 3. THIRST FOR SUCCESS
- 4. LIQUID GO(A)LD
- 5. WHAT ARE YOUR ANCHORS?
- 6. FUTURE REFLECTIONS
- 7. TURN WATER INTO WINE
- 8. DECKCHAIRS ON THE TITANIC
- 9. DO YOU SWIM WITH SHARKS OR DOLPHINS?
- 10. STOP WHALING
- 11. GO FISHING
- 12. THINK IN WATER COLOUR
- 13. SWIM AGAINST THE TIDE
- 14. DIVE IN!
- Personal postscript
- Recommended Reading
- Title: Liquid Thinking: Inspirational lessons from the world's great achievers
- Release date: June 2009
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9781906465421