Chapter 4. LIQUID GO(A)LD

 

"If you are going to be having goals, you might as well make them big ones!"

 
 --DONALD TRUMP, BUSINESS MAGNATE AND TELEVISION PERSONALITY

In the 1950s, a study carried out at Harvard University asked students whether they had goals. Not surprisingly, virtually everyone said that they did. They were then asked how many had actually put these goals down in writing and the answer to this question was only 3 per cent of the group.

This study was followed up 30 years later and the 3 per cent who had written down their goals were worth more than the other 97 per cent combined.

Amazing or just a coincidence?

That's up to you to decide, but as long as your goals only stay inside your head, you run the risk of them only ever being ...

Get Liquid Thinking: Inspirational lessons from the world's great achievers now with the O’Reilly learning platform.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.