Time for action – showing a date picker
Many applications will require the user to choose a date for an event, and with mobile devices there is a particular look to the "date picker" that you are shown. LiveCode lets us display such a control.
- Copy the Test button from the Browser card, and paste it onto the DatePicker card.
- Change the script to the following:
- Select the Run tool and try the Test button. You'll see an error, because this is a mobile-only feature.
- For a change, select iPhone or iPad Simulator from the Development/Test Target menu, and then choose Test from the Development menu.
- You will see your stack open in the iOS simulator, and you can try the DatePicker and Test buttons, to see the iOS ...