Time for action – making a links extraction function
Sometimes it's handy to create tests in a separate stack, and then to copy the function you've made into your application stack.
- Create a new Mainstack. Save it, just to be safe!
- Add a couple of fields and a button.
- Set the button's script to this:
put url "http://www.runrev.com/" into field 1
put getLinks(field 1) into field 2
- Edit the stack script, and create a function for
getLinks. Start with it just returning what it's sent:
function getLinks pPageSource
- If you were to try clicking on the button at this point, you will see that the whole page source appears in field 2.
- We're going to use the filter function, and that needs the text to be in ...