Time for action—adding elements and variation to our beat pattern
Let's add additional content to our pattern. Adding variation will help keep things from getting repetitive or gasp boring:
- Hit your Space bar to temporarily suspend playback of the editor.
- Go to the Side Bar and drag over
- In the new step sequencer, let's put that hi-hat on these beats:
- Now hit the Space bar again.
- This pattern works well, but maybe we want a little more variation in the hi-hat. We can add steps to our step sequencer by right-clicking in the step area and choosing to add more steps. The more variation and the longer the sequence, the less repetitive our ...