Time for action—creating a pattern completely from samples, with a drum loop
LMMS already comes with a lot of samples in its library. Let's make a pattern that utilizes them, and then explore using drum loops:
- Create a new project in LMMS.
- Save this project as
- Open the side bar.
- Open the My Samples folder.
- Open the Misc folder and highlight snaph01.ogg:
- Drag the snaph01 sample to your Beat+Bassline Editor.
- Let's put this snap on the bars two and four of this 4/4 measure, as shown in the following screenshot. Every four beats in this pattern ...