Logic Pro X 10.6 Update: Although there has been a 10.6 release since the time that this book was published, the content is still applicable. The changes in 10.6 do not affect the book content.
Record, arrange, mix, produce, and polish your music with this best-selling, Apple-certified guide to Logic Pro X 10.5. Veteran producer and composer David Nahmani uses step-by-step, project-based instructions and straightforward explanations to teach everything from basic music creation to sophisticated production techniques.
Learn to populate, trigger, and record Live Loops into cells, record audio and MIDI data, create and edit sequences, and edit regions in the Tracks view to build an arrangement. Youll create both acoustic and electronic virtual drum performances using Drummer tracks with Drum Kit Designer and Drum Machine Designer. Youll use Quick Sampler to create an instrument from a single sample to create stutter effects and vocal chop, and explore ear candy production techniques, such as parallel processing and turntable start and stop effects. Youll use Logic Pro X MIDI FX and Smart Controls to control software synthesizers from a MIDI controller or an iPad. Youll harness the power of Smart Tempo to make all audio files play in time. Youll stretch vocal notes and correct timing of recordings with x Time, and youll explore Flex Pitch to tune a vocal recording. Finally, youll mix, automate and master the song, processing your tracks with EQ, compression, delay, reverb and other effect plug-ins to achieve a professional sound.
Downloadable lesson and media _ les take you step by step through real-world, hands-on exercises.
Accessible writing style puts an expert instructor at your side.
Ample illustrations help you master techniques fast.
Lesson goals and time estimates help you plan your time.
Key Command lists summarize keyboard shortcuts used in each lesson to speed up your workflow.
The Apple Pro Training Series is a self-paced learning tool and Apples official guide for Logic Pro X. Books in this series also include downloadable lesson files and an online version of the book.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Lesson 1. Producing Music with Logic Now!
- Lesson 2. Producing a Virtual Drum Track
- Lesson 3. Using Effect and Instrument Plug-ins
- Lesson 4. Recording Audio and MIDI
- Lesson 5. Sampling Audio
- Lesson 6. Performing with MIDI Controllers and Logic Remote
- Lesson 7. Creating Content
- Lesson 8. Integrating Your Workflow
Lesson 9. Editing Pitch and Time
- Setting a Project Tempo by Detecting the Tempo of a Recording
- Matching an Audio File to the Project Key and Tempo
- Creating Tempo Changes and Tempo Curves
- Making One Track Follow the Groove of Another Track
- Changing the Playback Pitch and Speed with Varispeed
- Editing the Timing of an Audio Region
- Tuning Vocal Recordings
- Key Commands
- Lesson 10. Mixing
- Appendix. Keyboard Shortcuts (Default for U.S. Keyboard)
- Title: Logic Pro X 10.5 - Apple Pro Training Series: Professional Music Production
- Release date: September 2020
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780136886761
You might also like
Logic Pro X 10.4 - Apple Pro Training Series: Professional Music Production
Record, arrange, mix, produce, and polish your audio files with this best-selling, Apple-certified guide to Logic …
Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro X Advanced Audio Production: Composing and Producing Professional Audio
In this Apple-certified guide, author David Dvorin demonstrates the powerful advanced features in Logic Pro X. …
Apple Pro Training Series: Motion 5
In this best-selling guide to Motion 5, you’ll learn to create sophisticated projects using Motion’s newest …
Final Cut Pro X 10.4 - Apple Pro Training Series: Professional Post-Production
The Apple-Certified Way to Learn This fully updated Apple-certified guide presents a real-world workflow from raw …