Logistics Costing: Impacting Product Profitability
After reading the chapter, the students should be able to understand:
- Logistics cost components
- Importance of costing in logistics
- Costing methods and logistics performance measurement
- Traditional vs. activity-based costing
- Activity-based costing—benefits, process and implementation
Logistics supply chain is a source of competitive advantage. The differentiations through costs and service can be leveraged for the competitive edge. Hence accounting and control of logistics costs has become increasingly important to firms seeking a competitive advantage. Accurate and focused costing of logistics ...