Linux Kernel Configuration
THE FOLLOWING LINUX PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTE OBJECTIVES ARE COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER:
- 201.1 Kernel Components (weight: 2)
- 201.2 Compiling a kernel (weight: 2)
- 201.3 Patching a kernel (weight: 1)
- 201.4 Customize, build, and install a custom kernel and kernel modules (weight: 2)
- 201.5 Manage/query kernel and kernel modules at runtime (weight: 3)
Modern operating systems are built up in layers, starting from the kernel—a piece of software that serves as a gatekeeper between the hardware and other software, that doles out memory and CPU time, that manages filesystems and network access, and that otherwise performs ...