Time for action – creating our project and GUI
We are going to start by creating a new project and designing the
.xib file to match our GUI design. Once we have the interface laid out, we will continue to implement the App.
- To create a new Xcode project, launch the Xcode App. If you have any projects open from a previous chapter, close them.
- If you don't see the Welcome to Xcode window, then select Welcome to Xcode from the Window menu.
- Click on the Create a new Xcode project button in the Welcome to Xcode window.
- When Xcode asks us to select a template, select Application under Mac OS X and Cocoa Application as the template. Then, click on the Next button.
- When we click the Next button, Xcode will ask us to select options for our new project. The ...