Machine learning is no longer just a tool for data scientists. By taking advantage of recent advances in this technology, UI and UX designers can find ways to better engage with and understand their users. This O’Reilly report not only introduces you to contemporary machine learning systems, but also provides a conceptual framework to help you integrate machine-learning capabilities into your user-facing designs.
Using tangible, real-world examples, author Patrick Hebron explains how machine-learning applications can affect the way you design websites, mobile applications, and other software. You’ll learn how recent advancements in machine learning can radically enhance software capabilities through natural language processing, image recognition, content personalization, and behavior prediction.
This report explains how to:
- Leverage machine-generated user insights to provide a more personalized customer or user experience
- Spot opportunities for the integration of machine-learning capabilities into existing designs and platforms
- Choose the right machine-learning platforms or services
- Design for the probabilistic and often imprecise nature of machine-generated data
- Stay up to date with advancements in the field and spot emerging opportunities for machine learning-aided design
Table of contents
Machine Learning for Designers
- Why Design for Machine Learning is Different
- What Is Machine Learning?
- Enhancing Design with Machine Learning
- Dealing with Challenges
- Working with Machine Learning Platforms
- Going Further
- Title: Machine Learning for Designers
- Release date: June 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491956205
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
The AI Ladder
AI may be the greatest opportunity of our time, with the potential to add nearly $16 …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …
Grokking Deep Learning
Grokking Deep Learning teaches you to build deep learning neural networks from scratch! In his engaging …