We live in a time of massive market disruption. On top of the long-running computer revolution, the business world is now faced with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning—part of the emerging fourth industrial revolution. This in-depth ebook provides practical advice for organizations looking to launch a machine-learning initiative, and explores use cases for six industries involved in AI and machine learning today.
Author Peter Morgan, CEO of Data Science Partnership, takes you through three primary requirements for machine learning: sophisticated learning algorithms, dedicated hardware, and large datasets. Companies with big data strategies have already satisfied one condition, but any organization can jump into machine learning through a variety of open source and proprietary solutions. This ebook guides you through several options.
- How machine learning is transforming healthcare, finance, transportation, computer technology, energy, and science
- Use cases including self-driving cars, software development, genomics, blockchains, algorithmic trading, particle physics, and data center energy management
- Open source datasets and proprietary data sources for organizations that don’t generate their own unique data
- A typical data science life cycle, from data collection to production and scale
- Examples of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and open source machine-learning solutions—and the pros and cons of each
- Open source deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, MXnet, and PyTorch
- AI as a Service providers including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, and IBM Cloud
- Disruptive technologies that are just beginning to emerge
Table of contents
A Machine Learning Report
- What Is a Disruptor, in Business Terms?
- What Is Machine Learning?
- Some Examples of Machine Learning (Industry Use Cases)
- How Businesses Can Get Started in Machine Learning
The Build-Versus-Buy Decision
- Buying a Commercial-Off-the-Shelf Solution
- Open Source Machine Learning Solutions
- Additional Machine Learning Frameworks
- Open Source Deep Learning Frameworks
- Commercial Open Source
- AI as a Service (Cloud Machine Learning)
- Data Science Notebooks
- Pros and Cons of Machine Learning Open Source Tools
- Looking Ahead: Emerging Technologies
- Conclusions: Start Investing in Machine Learning or Start Preparing to be Disrupted
- Title: Machine Learning Is Changing the Rules
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492035350
You might also like
Deep Learning Illustrated: A Visual, Interactive Guide to Artificial Intelligence
"The authors' clear visual style provides a comprehensive look at what's currently possible with artificial neural …
Machine Learning Pocket Reference
With detailed notes, tables, and examples, this handy reference will help you navigate the basics of …
Machine Learning with Python for Everyone
The Complete Beginner's Guide to Understanding and Building Machine Learning Systems with Python will help you …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …