The Hough Transform and Its Nature
It has already been seen that the Hough transform can be used to locate straight-line and circle features in digital images. It would be useful to know whether the method can be generalized to cover all shapes and whether it is always as robust as it is for the original two examples. This chapter discusses these questions, showing that the method can be generalized and is broadly able to retain its robustness properties.
Look out for:
• the generalized Hough transform technique.
• its relation to spatial matched filtering.
• how sensitivity is optimized by gradient rather than uniform weighting.
• the effect of applying the generalized Hough transform to line detection.
• how speed has been improved by a variety ...