Tackling the Perspective n-point Problem
It is possible to recognize 3-D objects from very few point features, even when they are seen in a single view. In fact, the pose of the 3-D object can also be ascertained from a single view. However, ambiguities of interpretation do arise, and this chapter discusses the disambiguation problem.
Look out for:
• the distinction between weak and full perspective projection.
• how the “perspective inversion” type of ambiguity arises under weak perspective projection.
• how more serious ambiguities arise under full perspective projection.
• how full perspective projection has the capability to provide more interpretive information than weak perspective projection.
• how coplanarity can impose quite strong ...