Adding a products block to a landing page
In the preceding example, we added products to a simple landing page. To do this, we:
- Created a product category just for that landing page.
- Added the three products that you see to that category.
- Added a block to the page that displays all of the products in that category.
Each of these is covered in a subsection below. You can add other blocks to a Magento CMS page. For example, the Search and Related Products blocks. We will use the Category Product block as our example.
Creating a product category for the landing page:
- Log in to your site's administrative interface.
- Select Catalog | Manage Categories.
- Under the Default category, add a new subcategory.
- For the category Name, you might want to ...